Friday, October 28 2016
Did you say there is no God?
Thursday, October 20 2016
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
This verse of scripture always blesses me each time I read it, it tells me that;
1. A child of God can go through temptation as everyone else
2. The temptations are not perculiar
3. God is faithful even in your temptation, he is not a thief that will abardon you in you most difficult time of your life - John 10: 1-14
4. God only allows temptations you can handle to come to you, he will not allow any temptation beyond your ability.
5. He will provide a way of escape through the temptation
6. So that you can bear it.
It seems to me that that these temptations are ochestrated events ment to test us, try us and build us to make us strong in our faith.
You can draw comfort from the knowledge that God knows your ability and will not allow you to drown in your trials and through it will make a way of escape.
Whatever you are going through today, know for sure that you are not alone, God is with you.
Monday, October 17 2016
Any child of God with his or her ears to the heartbeat of God will know that we live in a time when we need to make haste. We need to make haste because Heaven is in a state of alert in readiness for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, while the devil is consolodating his activities to take as many people as possible to his final destination of destruction in the lake of fire.
In these perilous times, the kingdom of darkness is working on the hearts of men to hold the truth in unrighteouisness. Truth has now become relative to a person's mindset, and so called human rights are now deemed to trump the laws of God. Acts that were once repulsive to people are now accepted in certain societies and powerful forces in these places have taken it upon themselves to intimidate other societies into accepting their evil standards. Because wickedness and iniquity are on the increase, the love of many Christians is waxing cold. We live in a time where people who are killing and persecuting the children of God think they are doing God a service. Right before our eyes, we are seeing the fulfilment of various end time prophesies by Daniel, Paul and our Lord Jesus Christ.
The crux of our focus in the year 2015, therefore, is to know what we are expected to do as children of God, and the manner of life we are to live in such times as this. This is summed up in Isaiah 37:24 which says
"And the remnant that is escaped of this house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward"
We are expected to examine the root of our salvation in Christ and grow this root deeper in Christ by fellowship. As our root grows deeper, we are expected to bear tangible, visible fruits for the world to see. The fruit of the Spirit and the fruit of salvation of lost souls are the heart cry of the Father today. Arise, for it is time to make haste to meet these demands.
Thursday, October 13 2016
The challenges of life ultimately come to test our faith in the true God. Many of us are not happy to trust Jesus most of the time, until situations start to get increasingly difficult. Are you faced with debts, sickness or poverty, praying and it seems there is no hope? I would like to encourage you as God encouraged Elijah; the journey is long and you need refreshments, so refresh yourself with these nuggets:
Thursday, October 06 2016
“And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, who stood afar off: and they lifted up their voices, saying, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go and show yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, with a loud voice glorifying God; and he fell upon his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were not the ten cleansed? but where are the nine? Were there none found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger? And he said unto him, Arise, and go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.”
Luke 17:12-19 ASV
Very often this scripture is referred to when we encounter ungrateful people as a way of encouraging ourselves that if this happened to Jesus, we should not expect so much gratitude from people.
It is clear that Jesus was not happy that only one healed leper returned to give thanks and Jesus prayed for the grateful leper to be made whole, implying that the other nine lepers may have been healed but we're not made whole, meaning that worse things could happen in future to the ungrateful nine that God will not be obliged to help them.
Types of ingratitude:
1. Those who simply don't know when to say thank you - strange as it may, but there are so many people that simply do not appreciate any form of kindness even if it has positively impacted their lives.
2. Those that can only appreciate very substantial gifts - God tests us with little things before big ones and if one cannot appreciate little gifts or little miracles, I doubt if greater miracles will come the way of such individuals
3. Those with a sense of entitlement to gifts and support from others - This is common in cultures where people expect so much from family members, friends and associates even though they shouldn't, it is like unwritten laws that must be adhered to or else offences will arise.
4. Those that are too proud or ashamed to accept or appreciate kindness, sadly there are so many people who are too ashamed to accept help or appreciate it and will prefer if they paid for it than show appreciation.
There may be more examples but suffice to say that these types of ingratitude are found amongst Christian believers, many believers block their blessings by failing to appreciate what they have received. No matter how insignificant the gifts or miracles are, they are very significant to God.
God commanded the children of Israel to take rocks from the bed of the Red Sea to show to generations of God's great deliverance from their adversaries, this is a form of perpetual testimony of God's goodness and awesomeness. God loves to be appreciated and love to see us appreciate one another.
We must not forget those that helped us on our way up or else we will meet them on our our way down and the reception may be completely different.